The National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy pursues educational and research activities which have an impact on society. Doing this in a safe manner is a vital component of our commitment to our team members and student community, and we expect team members, students, visitors, and contractors to share this commitment.
We intend to ensure the health and safety of all persons who may be affected by our activities across all locations through:
- Engaging with our team members, students and visitors to facilitate the safety of their working environment.
- Providing, managing and maintaining an overall environment at our workplaces, so that they are, so far as reasonably practicable, safe and that risks to health are controlled.
- Identifying hazards and conducting formal risk assessments when appropriate in order to minimise physical and psychological risks for all activities undertaken by the NCHP, and ensuring that appropriate control measures and emergency procedures are in place.
- Providing and promoting systems of work, information, instruction, training and supervision at all levels necessary to ensure that team members and students are competent to supervise or undertake their work activities and are aware of any related hazards and the measures to be taken to protect against them.
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture in all that we do, such that where there are no existing NCHP policies or guidance, we expect our team members, students and visitors to implement the highest relevant standards and to comply with relevant legislation. Where no standards or legislation exist, we will work with our team members, students and contractors to develop systems which comply with best practice and mitigate risk, drawing on relevant legislation and guidance.
- Where buildings are shared/hired working closely with the owner/operator to establish clear lines of responsibility for health and safety between users and to formalise any appropriate arrangements for these purposes.
The NCHP is committed to this policy and to the implementation and maintenance of the highest standards of health, safety and welfare across the college.
We expect every member of the college to share this commitment and to work together to achieve it.