The journey to becoming a parent can often feel like an emotional roller coaster.
When we enter this phase in our lives the only thing that is absolutely certain is that having a baby changes everything, and life will never be the same again.
We talk about the birth of a mother and the birth of a father. Whilst being a parent is the real you, it is a part of you that never existed before. It is a new role requiring new skills and a completely new set of rules.
It is important that women and men have the right support available to enable a smooth transition to parenthood so that they can enjoy the experience with their partner, any older children and their new baby.
This course is designed to equip you as a hypnotherapist, hypno-psychotherapeutic counsellor or hypno-psychotherapist to assist your clients to:
- Adjust to their new lives as a mum and dad
- Empower them to recognise and overcome unhelpful thoughts
- Gain a sense of control in their lives
- Enable you to help them reassess their identity as an individual and as a couple, their life goals and what their priorities are
- Become ‘good enough’ parents, rather than striving for perfection
- Relax into their new role as a parent whilst also juggling balls of their individual needs, their needs as a couple as well as the needs of their new baby
Why This Course is Important
Becoming a parent can be fulfilling and enjoyable however for some women and men it can a daunting and overwhelming experience. The elements of this course is designed to empower parents and parents-to-be to adjust to the ‘new normal’ and to promote parent and child positive mental health.
The reality is that, throughout the world, postpartum depression (PPD) and anxiety (PPA) disorders affect 15-20% of new mothers; and 25% of fathers can also show symptoms.
These issues have until recently received little attention from the medical profession and limited accurate media exposure and social awareness. PPD and PPA can impact on people at one of the most pivotal times of life, it is vital that we as therapists empower our clients to recognise and overcome them with appropriate support
This course will cover:
- Postpartum depression/postpartum anxiety
- Postpartum obsessive compulsive disorder
- Postpartum post-traumatic stress disorder
- Postpartum psychosis
- Pregnancy and antenatal mental health
Learn from a Trusted Expert in the Field
Sharon Mustard offers this course in addition to her popular courses in hypnosis for fertility and hypnosis for childbirth, all of which have proved some of our most popular CPD courses.
The feedback from delegates is consistently enthusiastic for Sharon’s comprehensive course material and engaging style, this CPD course is a valuable asset to you and your practice.
This Course at a Glance:
- Sharon Mustard ‘easibirthing® Fertility to Parenthood’ founder and director
Mode of Study
- Face to face lectures via Zoom
- Practical demonstrations
- Group practical exercises
- Comprehensive course notes
Hours of Study
- 14 hours/2 days; 10-5pm
- Written assessment if you choose to progress to CPNP qualification
- This course is for qualified hypnotherapists, hypno-psychotherapeutic counsellors and hypno-psychotherapists, you are able to attend the course whilst still completing your training however you will not be supplied with your certificate until you have completed your core training
- Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th November 2023
- Via ZOOM
- Upon completion of the course and assessment you will be entitled to use the title Certified Post Natal Practitioner (CPNP) and the easibirthing® logo in your marketing material
Thank you so much for a great course yesterday - it was brilliant. Thanks being such a great teacher.Paul
As always you are thorough, conscientious and give great value for money.Hilary
Thanks again for a brilliant course. All of it will be of great value, I felt very lucky to be doing the course. Really feel very prepared to handle any of the issues that were discussed.Carolyne
Thank you so much for a wonderful course. I always find Sharon’s courses exceptionally interesting. She has so much knowledge and shares it so well. I just wish we had more time to learn from her.Janey