This is the third stage of our training which introduces your pathway if you are a hypnotherapist wishing to be registered and accredited with UKCP
On this pathway, you will begin to gain the knowledge and practical skills that will allow you to work with your clients effectively using hypno-psychotherapeutic counselling. Our Stage 3 content will encourage not only competence but also the confidence to be able to explore depth psychology and therefore address more complex issues in the clinical setting.
Stage 3 is the diploma stage, at the completion of which you will receive the award of the Diploma in Hypno-Psychotherapeutic Counselling, with the designating letters DHPC(NC).
The syllabus for this stage requires you to attend one pre-weekend of preparation (covering person-centred skills and ethics) and then five more weekends at monthly intervals, whilst undertaking a programme of home study. On this stage you will be required to complete 100 client-contact hours supervised at a ratio of 6:1.
What You’ll Learn
This stage covers the thinking and models that have shaped modern psychotherapy including Freud, Jung, Adler and the major psychodynamic theorists. You will also study Gestalt methods, behavioural theory, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Transactional Analysis, as always there is an element of practical assessment throughout the stage.
Your Six Modules on Stage 3:
- Carl Rogers
- Person-centred theory
- Person-centred practice
- Ethics in hypno-psychotherapeutic counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Transactional Analysis
- Open frame
Stage 3 at a Glance:
Hours of Attendance:
- 70 over five weekends (plus one pre-weekend)
Mode of Study:
- Face to face tuition
- Practical demonstrations
- Group practical exercises
- Comprehensive home study with a wide range of resources
- 100 client-contact hours supervised at a ratio of 6:1
- 1 x 3000 word essay
- Ethics paper
- Case study
- Continuous assessment by tutor
- Upon successful completion students will be awarded the Diploma in Hypno-Psychotherapeutic Counselling DHPC(NC)
- Progression onto your chosen Stage 4