The third stage of our training builds upon the previous stages and furthers your knowledge and practice of hypno-psychotherapeutic counselling, encouraging competence and confidence to work within the complexities of practice.
Entry to Stage 3 is open to you when you have completed the Stage 2 weekends.
Stage 3 is the diploma stage, at the completion of which you will receive the award of the Diploma in Hypno-Psychotherapeutic Counselling, with the designating letters DHPC(NC).
The syllabus for this stage requires you to attend over five weekends at monthly intervals and a research methods blended learning module as well as undertaking a programme of home study.
On Stage 3 you can work with clients in a close relationship with your clinical supervisor. If you are intending to progress through Stage 4 towards UKCP, for every six hours of therapy you carry out, you will need to have one hour of supervision.
What You’ll Learn
This stage covers the thinking and models that have shaped modern psychotherapy including Freud, Jung, Adler and other major psychodynamic theorists. You will also study Gestalt methods, behavioural theory, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Transactional Analysis, as always there is an element of practical assessment throughout the stage. You will also attend a research methods module and learn how to read research and apply it to your practice.
The Stage 3 Modules:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Stage 3 at a Glance:
Hours of Attendance:
- 111 over five weekends and blended learning research methods module
Mode of Study:
- Face to face tuition
- Practical demonstrations
- Group practical exercises
- Evening tutorials
- Discussion forum
- Comprehensive home study with a wide range of resources
- 100 clinical hours supervised at a ration of 6:1
- 1 x 3500 word essay
- 2 x formative triad assessments
- Keystone assessments for research methods
- Continuous assessment by tutor
- Upon successful completion students will be awarded the Diploma in Hypno-Psychotherapeutic Counselling DHPC(NC) and become a hypno-psychotherapeutic counsellor
- Progression onto Stage 4