Dr. Geoff Ibbotson
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a challenging but rewarding condition to treat as so many clients can be helped after only a few sessions using the techniques taught on this workshop. This course equips you with the tools that enable you to quickly and effectively help clients with PTSD and trauma related issues.
How This Training is Useful to You
PTSD is a condition that affects around 5% of men and 10% of women at some point in their life.
Within the emergency services the incidence of PTSD can be as high as 15 %. It was found that PTSD had an incidence of 23% four to six months following road traffic accidents in the UK and the incidence of PTSD was 27.5% in a study of patients who had had treatment in intensive care units compared with a prevalence in the general population of 2.7%.
The techniques for treating PTSD are also extremely effective for working with phobia issues due to many clients with phobias having had an adverse sensitising experience.
Your course leader Dr. Geoff Ibbotson worked as a GP for 22 years and then as a therapist in a clinical psychology department for 14 years. He sees clients for individual therapy, works as a clinical supervisor and he is an expert witness providing psychological reports and giving evidence in tribunals for asylum seekers who have psychological sequelae following traumatic experiences.
He has run workshops for health professionals and psychotherapists in the treatment of PTSD for many years. This training is a two day workshop for practicing psychotherapists and health professionals who use imagery with clients.
The course is experiential and includes academic theory with opportunities to practice all techniques in a safe situation, a valuable addition to you clinical tool box.
The Workshop Covers:
- PTSD diagnosis
- Problems associated with PTSD
- Treatment techniques
This Course at a Glance:
- Dr. Geoff Ibbotson
Mode of Study
- Face to face tuition
- Practical demonstration and exercises
Hours of Study
- 14 hours over 2 days (14 hours CPD)
- Written assessment
- £265 (£240 for NCHP alumni)
- This course is aimed at practicing therapists and health professionals who have used imagery with clients, NCHP students and graduates may attend this course and for those part-way through training you will be awarded your certificate in working with PTSD following completion of your core training
- Upon completion and certification of specialist training you will be able to embark upon working with those suffering from PTSD in your practice