Becoming a clinical supervisor can be a hugely rewarding venture on both a professional and personal level, helping other practitioners to develop and putting your years of wisdom and experience to excellent and much needed use.
The UKCP entry requirements for this course are:
- You must be a UKCP registrant of good standing.
The personal qualities, knowledge, experience and capacity to relate to future supervisees are the most important factors in suitability to be a supervisor. It takes a considerable amount of work to build the experience necessary, normally this means:
- At least 5 years of work with clients as a psychotherapeutic practitioner or the equivalent of approximately 1,600 hours, which means an average of 8 clients per week over 5 years.
- Normally at least three years of this experience must be post-registration as a UKCP Psychotherapist or Psychotherapeutic Counsellor.
As more practitioners enter our profession, demand increases for recognised supervisors who meet UKCP requirements and help in the development of the profession as a whole.
We offer a course based on the requirements laid out by the UKCP and qualify you to be on the UKCP College of Outcome Oriented and Hypno-Psychotherapies Supervisors Register.
This course has been developed by former NCHP Principal Shaun Brookhouse as part of his own training as a supervisor. The course is grounded in Shaun’s APT model of clinical supervision which stands for attitudes, processes, and tools, the three pillars of effective and ethical supervision.
On completion of the course and requisite assignments you will be awarded the CertSup(NC) and you will also be recommended for inclusion on the UKCP College of Outcome Oriented and Hypno-Psychotherapies Register of Supervisors, appearing on all lists which go to National College students seeking clinical supervision.
This certification course could add a brand new dimension to your career and provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the profession in a meaningful way.
This Course at a Glance:
- Shaun Brookhouse
Mode of Study
- Self-study with guided materials
Hours of Study
- 100 hours
- Written and recorded submissions
- £720 (£650 to NCHP alumni)
- Please see introduction
- Available to start at any time
- Entry to the UKCP roll of clinical supervisors